Thursday, June 02, 2005

My history teachers

During my short life, I had two teachers that made my love for history grow beyond my imagination. The first one was Frau En3am, a fat, early-forties lady, who knew how to tell us about Egypt’s long and fascinating history in such an interesting way, which made me personally wish that history does not have an end.
My second teacher was a less formal one, who was able to talk about history at any moment in such eloquence and fluency. One day he was drunk and stoned, yet he made this 45 minutes presentation on Egypt’s history; starting with the pharaohs (el farawna, as some people might call them) and ending with the present situation, with glimpses on the future and the different, possible scenarios that could take place. I was so impressed; I just felt like kissing him for the way he can make a long, lazy day at the beach seem so educational and fruitful at the same time.
Yet I am wondering: what potential could my teacher have, if he drinks less, smokes less, and consequently talks more?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home